The City of Mesa is a great place to work! In addition to competitive salaries, the City also has a generous amount of other benefits available. For more information, please see our website: http://mesaaz.gov/benefits/
Survey Party Chief
($48,062.01 - $69,388.80 Annually)
A Survey Party Chief, under general supervision, performs a variety of technical, skilled survey engineering work in the field; supervises a survey crew; and performs related work as required.
An employee of this class performs skilled, technical survey work, including the supervision of a survey crew. Working conditions include: making decisions, occasionally under stressful conditions; performing mathematical calculations and interpreting construction plans quickly so that contractors can keep crews and equipment productive; laboring (examples: pounding stakes and taking measurements) in hot (100+ degrees F) and dusty conditions; and working alongside heavy equipment in traffic, on steep slopes, and near open trenches.
This class can progress through noncompetitive criteria-based promotion to the next higher class of Senior Survey Party Chief after consistently and successfully performing skilled, technical surveying work in the field, including supervision of a survey crew, achieving a “successful performance” on all core value ratings on most recent performance appraisal, and upon becoming licensed in the State of Arizona as a Land Surveyor. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Chief Surveyor who reviews work through reports, results achieved, conferences, and on-site observation, checking for production, accuracy, timeliness, and completeness. This class is FLSA nonexempt.
Please refer to the link below for the full job description and additional information regarding assignments, preferred qualifications, and essential functions.
LINK TO JOB DESCRIPTION:
https://apps.mesaaz.gov/jobdescriptions ... cs4347.pdf
This class is FLSA nonexempt.
Employee Values: All employees of the City of Mesa are expected to uphold and exhibit the City's shared employee values of Knowledge, Respect, and Integrity.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Graduation from high school or GED.
• Any combination of training, education, and experience equivalent to at least three years of surveying experience, including a minimum of one year experience at the level of an Instrument Technician.
• Must possess a valid Arizona Driver’s License by hire date.
• Supplemental coursework in civil engineering and surveying as well as National Society of Professional Surveyors (NSPS) – Certified Survey Technician (CST), Level III or registration as a Land Surveyor in the State of Arizona are preferred.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, AutoCAD, and GIS (Geographic Information Systems) are desirable.
City of Mesa offers a competitive benefits package. A CITY OF MESA ONLINE APPLICATION IS REQUIRED. Applications available 6/4/2021. For complete job description, requirements and online application form, please visit our web site at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mesaaz
1 post • Page 1 of 1